These instructions cover the "Pairing" procedure for EMT16, EMT16Plus, EMT16X and Bravo2 machines if they are not recognized by the Melco software. This does not apply to original mainboard styles used in AMAYA (Red/White), XT, XTS, Bravo (1st Generation) or early EMT16 and Bravo (2nd Generation) machines produced before June, 2016.
Before proceeding, make sure you have already followed the machine detection troubleshooting steps listed here which resolve most detection situations.
Hold in the Stop and Center buttons for 7 seconds. Try this twice if the computer does not detect the machine the first time.
You'll hear 5 beeps, indicating that the machine has been Un-Paired. The Melco software may automatically detect the machine at that time. If not, press the same buttons again for 7 seconds and that will initiate Pairing to your computer.
Advanced "Pairing/Claiming" Function
If the Pairing Procedure above does not allow the machine to be detected, these advanced steps can be followed. For this function to work, make sure you are running the most recent software version for your machine model.
Verify that your Acti-Feed settings are appropriate for your machine model and software.
Important: The information below involves changes to the Windows Registry. This change should only be made by someone who is experienced with making Windows Registry modifications. If you do not have experience making registry modifications, you will need additional technical assistance. Here are the available Melco Technical Support options.
Open the Windows Registry and go to the following key:
Change the value of EnetAdvancedMode from "0" to "1"
To move the Unclaimed machine to the Claimed box:
- Open the Operating Software for the machine.
- Go to Tools > Options > Ethernet in the Operating Software. You should see additional "Unclaimed" and "Claimed" boxes.
- You should see the machine name on the left. Check if there is a plus (+) next to the name.
- If it does, Power cycle the machine. When the machine is powered on again, hold the Pairing Buttons for 7 seconds, and check if there is still a (+). If there is a (+) after a power cycle, you will need additional technical assistance. Here are the available Melco Technical Support options.
- If it does not, continue with step 4.
- Highlight the machine name and click the top button with the right-arrows >>>>
- The machine will then appear in the Claimed box and is ready to use. Click Ok to close the menu.
- If the machine detects, skip any other steps, the machine is ready to use.
- If the machine does not detect, go to Tools>Options>Ethernet.
- Highlight the machine name on the left, and click the top button with the right-arrows >>>>
- Highlight the machine name on the right, and click Configure.
- Click Ok to close the menu.
- If the machine does not detect, Refresh the /mc Registry. This change should only be made under the direction of Melco Technical Support.
- If the machine does not detect, you might need to follow additional steps for Machine Not Detected (Not Connecting to Computer).
If you see (+), this means the machine is unable to pair. Try the Unpair button first, before sending the machine to claimed with the >>> button.