Determining if you have a 34799 (Current Technology) or 31058-19 (or older) Mainboard
There are two platforms for the Main PCB (mainboard) in Melco embroidery machines. These two platforms have unique troubleshooting steps. This article will help you identify which platform is in your machine.
- Open your Operating Software and turn on your machine
- Click on Tools > Maintenance
- In the Information tab check to see how many items are listed.
If you have a short list of items that includes ‘Firmware version:’ you have a current technology 34799 mainboard.
If you have a long list of items that includes ‘RSA:’ you have an earlier technology 31058-xx mainboard.
Determining the Revision of the 31058 Mainboard
This information only applies to 31058 main PCBs, it does not apply to 34799 main PCBs, check the steps above to see which type is in your machine.
CAUTION!! Always observe ESD precautions when handling the main PCB. While the main PCB is resistant to electrostatic discharge, the potential to damage electronic components still exists.
CAUTION!! Do not handle the main PCB without turning the machine off. While the voltage input to the PCB is only approximately 36 volts DC, handling the PCB could short the components out while the PCB is still energized and damage the PCB severely
CAUTION!! Use extreme care not to drop metallic objects, tools, or other conductive material on the Main PCB when you have the base cover removed. If you drop such objects on the Main PCB, it can severely damage the electronics which can be very expensive to repair.
- Turn the machine OFF.
- Remove the Tabletop of the machine.
- Let the machine sit before touching the Main PCB and place your hand somewhere on a metallic unpainted part of the machine body (not the Main PCB) to dissipate any residual static in the machine or your body.
- Remove the Metal (EMI) cover. If your machine has a cooling fan attached to the cover, make sure not to yank or damage the wire connecting it to the main PCB.
- Look for the ASSY: This is usually in the center of the board or the bottom right corner.
- You can find the revision number of the 31058 board at the end of the white sticker. It is a 2-digit number and a letter after "31058-".
This is an example of a 31058-19 board.
This is an example of a 31058-16 board.