For more precise control of Acti-Feed it is recommended that you use the Advanced UI.
Depending on your software version or software level, you might have an Adv. Status Button. If you do, it is recommended you click on it and run the machine while viewing that tab.
The best acti-feed numbers depend on the software version and the type of Main-PCB in your machine. Please check your Melco Software Version to help you determine what Acti-Feed you should be setting.
- Important Notes When Using Melco OS V11.11.114 (Or Higher) And Bravo OS V12
- Acti-feed When Using Melco OS V11.09.099 (Or Lower), Amaya OS And Bravo OS V11
1. It is recommended to use the machine with the Auto Acti-Feed setting. When set to Auto the Minimum/Preset determines the minimum thread feed (the amount of thread the machine pushes out). Auto mode allows the machine to adjust and feed more thread as needed, but it will not allow feeding less than the Minimum/Preset. The exception is before a trim it will feed less, creating a tighter tie stitch.
2. The Minimum/Preset should be set to the material thickness. The thicker the fabric you are sewing on the higher the Minimum/Preset needs to be.
3. If you are unsure of the best Acti-Feed setting for your fabric type, please review the Determining Acti-Feed Test support article.
4. If your Minimum/Preset is set too low for the fabric you are sewing on you will need to increase it. Your Minimum/Preset is probably too low if you experience any of the following problems:
- Thread Breaks
- You can see Bobbin Thread on the top
- Too much bobbin is showing on the back
- There is not enough top thread showing on the back
- Registration Loss / Puckering
- Needle Breaks
5. If your Minimum/Preset is set too high for the fabric you are sewing on you will need to decrease it. Your Minimum/Preset is probably too high if you experience any of the following problems:
- Thread breaks (the loop behind the needle can be caught by the rotary hook)
- Top Thread stitches are looping
- Not enough bobbin is showing on the back
- False Bobbin Breaks
6. The Acti-Feed Maximum should rarely be used. For most fabric types it is recommended to set the maximum to its Upper Limit (the highest it can go). Only certain fabric types for example 3D foam might need a specific maximum. Acti-Feed Maximum is not available on all models of Melco machines, if it is unavailable it will automatically be set to the Acti-Feed Maximum Upper Limit. The Acti-Feed Maximum Upper Limit is determined by the software version.