If you only encounter needle breaks when sewing 3D Foam (Puff) on caps, review this information first.
There are a number of important things to check if you encounter problems, including breaking needles, when sewing caps:
1) In your Melco/Bravo/AMAYA OS software, use Tools - Check for Updates to make sure you are running the latest revision of software.
2) Make sure the design has been digitized specifically to be sewn on caps.
5) Make sure your Acti-Feed Settings are correct. Note that structured caps may run higher Acti-Feed settings than non-structured caps.
6) Verify Needle Orientation and Hook Timing and Needle to Hook Gap Adjustment
7) Verify Rotary Hook Support (Retaining Finger) Adjustment
8) Make sure the bill or brim of the cap isn't obstructing the machine.
9) Follow the steps for Presser-Foot Gap Adjustment.