Software crashes will typically happen after a specific trigger that caused the crash or if the computer could not keep up with what it was being asked to do. If your software is crashing, follow the steps below.
2. Try to find a common trigger. Some common triggers might be:
- When the software is opened
- When a Design is loaded
- When a Design is sent to the Operating Software
- When an element is created or resized
- When an element is deleted
- If the crashing occurs when loading a design, try loading 1day.ofm to see if it is design specific. If it is, try loading the design that crashes on another computer to see if it’s computer specific with that design.
3. Check for errors. For example, "DesignShop has encountered a problem and needs to close". Multiple Errors may be displayed. Take note of all errors received.
- If DesignShop v9 crashes when you first launch the application, you might get a ‘The Security key device driver is not loaded. This application will now shut down.' message that flashes very quickly.
4. Turn off Enable Hardware Acceleration and turn off Enable Textures.
5. Uninstall and Reinstall the software.
7. If the situation remains unresolved, you will need additional technical assistance. Here are the available Melco Technical Support options.
- You might need to turn off your firewall
- You might need to Refresh the Registry.
- You might need to change the registry for 3d hardware acceleration HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Melco\DesignShop2008\Settings\bHardwareAcceleration change value from 1 to 0
- You might need to do a Clean Uninstall and Reinstall