Here is our YouTube video on: S95 Hook Replacement.
That hook is available on the ShopMelco site (PN#34345-01).
Removing the Hook:
- Turn your Melco Machine off.
- Remove the Needle Plate, Hook Guard and Rotary Hook Support.
- Loosen (but Do Not remove) the three (3) hook fastening screws (highlighted in red in the image below). If you don’t have access to the screws, spin the Z Shaft to rotate them to a position where you can loosen them.
- Pull the Rotary Hook off the machine.
Reinstalling the Hook:
- Reinstall the Rotary Hook. There is a guide groove on the Rotary Hook that fits onto a guide pin on the Hook Adapter (Sleeve). Because of these guides the Rotary Hook can be installed without needed additional adjusting.
On the left is the guide pin for the Hook Adapter (Sleeve). On the right is the guide groove for the Rotary Hook.
- Tighten the three hook fastening screws (highlighted in red) while applying finger pressure pushing the bobbin post in.
- Spin the Hook Basket so the notch the Rotary Hook Support fits into is at the 12 o’clock position, and the C shape that the Bobbin Case snaps into is at 3 o’clock.
- Fit the Rotary Hook Support into the notch on the Hook Basket.
6. Follow the steps in Rotary Hook Inspection And Adjustment Procedures For EMT16Plus And EMT16 for:
- Rotary Hook Support (Retaining Finger) Adjustment and
- Completion: Reassembling Hook Covers and Needle Plate Centering
- Reinstalling the Hook is complete.