Follow steps below to confirm if your machine is Flatlining.
1. Test for flatlining on thicker fabrics. 4 Layers of 3oz backing can be used.
2. Test for flatlining on needle #1 and #16.
5. Reduce the Auto Minimum/Preset Acti-Feed to 0 and check for Flatline.
In this example the machine is flatlining at 0.
6. Ignore any tie-in or tie-off sequence, they have their own Acti-Feed calculation.
In this example the machine is flatlining, the spike at the start was a tie-in and does not confirm the machine is not flatlining.
7. Flatlining only occurs when the Current Acti-Feed never increases itself from the Minimum.
In this example even though there is a long straight line, the machine is not flatlining. This is because the straight line is at 4 while the minimum is set to 1.
8. Ignore the Current Acti-Feed if it is negative during a tie-in/tie-off.
9. The below picture shows normal Acti-Feed that is not flatlining.
10. If the situation remains unresolved, you will need additional technical assistance. Here are the available Melco Technical Support options.
- Rotate the Thread Sensor 1/4th turn
- Replace the Thread Sensor
- mc/jobs/machines refresh
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Operating Software
- Firmware Reflash / -19 reset button
- Reseat the Harnesses PN: 30173-05
- Check the Main-PCB