This information also applies to the Virtual Licenses included with Melco OS and Bravo OS.
- DesignShop is digitizing software with a single license to be used on one computer at a time.
- DesignShop can be installed on multiple computers, but the purchased license can only be Activated on one computer at a time. Other installations will run in Sizer or Lite mode (details in User's Manual).
- You must be logged in to Windows as a user with Administrator Rights to Activate/Deactivate and use the software.
- To Activate DesignShop on another computer, make sure that it has already been Deactivated on the first computer.
- Activation/Deactivation is an easy process on a computer with internet access. Instructions Here.
COMPUTERS WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS:
- If you need to Activate/Deactivate the software on a computer that does not have internet access, you'll need the Device Identification code that is generated by DesignShop on the non-internet computer. Then, with that Device Identification code, use a computer with internet access, and go to this website to generate the Activation Code: https://activation.melco-online.com/
UPGRADING YOUR LEVEL OF DESIGN SHOP v10:
- You can upgrade lower levels of DesignShop through your Melco Sales Representative (for example, upgrading from Lite to Standard w/Vector, Pro, or Pro+)
- Once you have received notification from Melco that your upgrade process has been completed, you only need to Deactivate (click on Tools > Deactivate Product) and then Activate DesignShop (you'll be automatically prompted to Activate when you launch DesignShop the next time) and it will open with the higher level.
- You do not need to download or uninstall/install DesignShop when upgrading levels, just Deactivate and then Activate to start using your upgraded new level.