Here is our video on Embroidering a Freestanding Patch.
For digitizing, please see our video on Digitizing for Freestanding Patches
- Hoop Badge Film, we recommend 2 layers. Example of Badge Film: 5100-19-109 EZEE BADGE FILM 100mic.
- Badge Film typically does not have a grain, however it’s generally recommended to stagger backing at 45 degree angles.
- Hoop the material to be taut.
- Set the presser-foot to 0, or verify with the height adjustment.
- Set the speed to 800.
- Check your Acti-Feed. For EMT16X machines this will likely be 10.
- After sewing, the patch can simply be torn from the backing.
- Heat Press the patch using 248°F - 284°F to remove excess backing. These temperatures might vary based on the material, check with the manufacturer.
- Iron on Heat Seal to the back of the patch. Example of Heat Seal: 4220-19-10 E-ZEE HEAT SEAL 5ml
- The patch is now finished and can be Heat Pressed to the final application.