If you’re Melco machine is losing connection while sewing or failing to connect, the following steps might help. The instructions in this article are while using Windows 10, if you have a different version of Windows the steps might be different.
- It’s recommended you Restart your computer at least once per day, typically at the end of the workday.
- Go to your Control Panel
- Select View By: Small or Large icons and Network and Sharing Center
- Click Change adapter settings
- Right click the adapter that the machine is connected to and go to Properties.
- Click on Configure
- Click on the Power Management tab, and make sure ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.’ Is unchecked.
- If you’re connection is still periodically disconnecting, you can create a custom ‘Power Plan’ in Control Panel and select Power Options.
- Click Create a power plan
- Click on High performance and Next
- For ‘Put the computer to sleep:’ select Never and click Create
- Click Change plan settings for the new plan that was created. In this example it’s named ‘My Custom Plan 1’.
- Click Change advanced power settings
14. In Hard disk > Turn off hard disk after > Setting (Minutes) select Never. Click Apply and OK.
- There might be additional power saving options specific to your computer, for more information consult with an IT professional or the support services from the manufacturer of your computer.