If a user with local admin rights is unable to see mapped drive letters through DesignShop v10 when using Windows 8 or Windows 10, this is typically an issue related to Windows User Access Control (UAC).
Microsoft Knowledgebase Document #937624 provides details and resolutions.
The following procedure may also resolve that situation:
The information below involves changes to the Windows Registry. This change should only be made by someone who is experienced with making Registry modifications.
Detail to configure the EnableLinkedConnections" registry entry
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Right-click Configuration, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new registry entry as EnableLinkedConnections.
- Double-click the EnableLinkedConnections registry entry.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 in the Value data field, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.