The "Split Element" Feature in DesignShop
You have the ability to split elements using this feature. You must first select a point (or points) in your element where you would like the split to occur and then go to Object->Split Element or the Split Element flyout. The point(s) that you had selected will exist in both of the new elements. You can split all types of columns, complex fills, and walk stitches. The following rules apply:
- You can only split on a straight point, not on a curved point, because splitting on a curved point would change the shape of the element.
- You cannot split at the ends of an element.
- For Column 2, you must select two points to split, one on each side. Hold down the CTRL key to select multiple points.
- For Column 1, you can only select one point because column 1s have matching pairs.
- For Complex Fills, you must select two points to split. Hold down the CTRL key to select multiple points.