IMPORTANT: This document does not apply to Melco OS v11, Bravo OS v11 or AMAYA OS v10.01.001 (specifically). If you are using any of those current versions and your machine is not detected, use this information instead.
AMAYA OS (prior to v10.01.001) not launching in Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Network adapter not appearing within Amaya OS.
- Possibly receiving the message “Ethernet communications did not start correctly, restart computer.”
Applies to: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Running AMAYA OS v9, AMAYA OS v10 (prior to v10.01.001)
Please review these instructions in the Compatibility Mode document below to verify software version compatibility and to enable that mode as well as running the software as an Administrator in Windows. It's important to note that AMAYA OS v10.01.001 can not be run in Compatibility Mode.
If problems persist after running in Compatibility Mode and running as Administrator, try the following, one at a time, and launch AMAYA OS to see if the error is resolved.
- Look at the LED on the control panel on the right-hand side of the embroidery machine. If it's RED, that typically indicates that the Emergency Stop Button is engaged. Turn the button to the right, in the direction of the arrows, and it will disengage/release and the LED will turn GREEN. The machine should then be detected.
- Make sure that the computer's Ethernet Adapter is listed and selected/highlighted within Melco OS or Bravo OS. Choose: Tools - Options - Ethernet and select your Ethernet Adapter from the list. If there are no network adapters listed in the box, review the options below and then reinstall the software included with your Melco machine.
- It is required to use a Crossover Ethernet Cable if you are connecting a single Melco machine directly to the computer with no hub/switch in between. If multiple Melco machines are connected through a hub/switch, use Straight-Through Ethernet Cables from the computer to the hub, and from the hub to the machines.
- Disable any antivirus software features that might block network communications. (note that routine antivirus updates can produce this error, even if it had previously been working properly prior to the antivirus update.)
- Reinstall the AMAYA OS v9 or v10 from the installation disc or from a downloaded update package.
- (This step should only be done by an experienced IT professional) Uninstall the Ethernet Adapter from Device Manager (do not delete the driver) and use the "Scan For Hardware Changes" option to allow Windows to reinstall that Ethernet Adapter.