Installing Optional Melco Alphabet in DesignShop v9 and v10
To install an optional alphabet from a diskette or a CD:
- Close DesignShop.
- Insert the diskette or CD that contains the alphabet files. - Do not run SETUP.EXE
- Open Windows’ File Explorer. Choose the drive letter for that diskette drive or CD drive.
- Open the Alpha folder on that diskette or CD.
- Select All files (you can use CTRL-A on your keyboard)
- Right click on the selected file(s), click on Copy.
- Browse to: C:\Program Files(x86)\Melco\DesignShopv10\Alphabets\bu (or “DesignShop v9”)
- Right click in the bu folder and click on Paste. This will copy all of the alphabet files into the correct location.
- Run DesignShop and the alphabet should be included in the list.
To install a custom alphabet (.OFA) file in DesignShop v9.00.128 and DesignShop v10:
- Close DesignShop
- Copy the alphabet (.OFA) file into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Melco\Design Shop v10\Alphabets
- Open DesignShop
- Go into the Alphabets
- It will detect a new alphabet and it should now be in the Alphabet list.